Check our Case Studies for examples of how we've helped various companies realise the benefits of Customer Engagement...
Business Rules and Business Process Flows
Business Process Flows have been around in Dynamics 365 for some time now and were initially introduced in 2013, the objective is to set directions or guidelines for users to follow in forms. A Business Process Flow contains fields from an Entity which can be separated in different stages.
- Set field values
- Clear field values
- Set field requirement levels
- Show or hide fields
- Enable or disable fields
- Validate data and show error messages
- Created business recommendations based on business intelligence
Previously the understanding was a Business Process Flow would be able to trigger Business Rules on a Dynamics Form.
We have recently discovered that the field does not need to be present on the CRM Form and instead the Business Rule can be enforced directly on the Business Process Flow.
- We have created a new field called Test in the Case Entity and have not placed the Field on the Case Form.
- We now enforce a Business Rule based on the Case Entity
- Below is a detailed view of the Business Rule
- The Rule is now Activated on the Case Form.
- Once we enter data and Save the Business Rule is enforced on the Business Process Flow
To connect with our team about how to use this function
The OA Systems development team has a really detailed understanding of every layer of our businessAyla Hutton, Technology and Projects Manager at Safety ‘n Action
Level 1/95 Ascot Avenue
We are always looking for people who are excellent and passionate at what they do to join our team. If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you!